RE: STUPID LD_LIBRARY_PATHING!!@@@!@!@!@!

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:44:25 -0800

Guys,

I setup lsnrstart....stop scripts for root that does the su -c to oracle and runs them. I could run as oracle successfully but using the su - c command brought me this error:

"Oracle ld.so.1: /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/bin/lsnrctl: fatal: libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or directory /usr/oracle/tools/bin/lsnrstart[12]: 398 Killed"

I quickly verified that the file libclntsh.so.0.0 existed. Therefore, I felt that it might have something to do with relinking.

I tried relinking after shutting everything down and got the same type of ld.so.1 error. Then with my experience I realized that this usually related to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I looked up relinking and found a note that states this:

Doc ID: Note:131321.1

The note says:
Oracle 9.X.X (64Bit) on Solaris (64Bit) OS
- Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib32

I did this and it worked.

I then verified that Oracle's environmental scripts (out-of-the-box) set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as I have always used these environment scripts. However, they do not set the path as listed above. In fact, the environment variable will overwrite LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the wrong setting.

So, do I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as above, I am a little confused since the environment script and this note do not match as to which setting is correct. For relinking I definitely know only the one above will work!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any opinions?

Author: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us
  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us