Re: blocksize on AIX

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:29:29 -0800

Hi,

    blocksize in aix is 4k by default, not 512 byte.     And read ahead can be controlled by aix kernel parameter. If you really want to bypass aix filesystem read ahead, just change the kernel parameter dynamically. (I cannot remember the detailed kernel parameter, maybe min/maxpgahead)).     Oracle document says db_block_size should be multiple of os_block_size, not db_block_size should be the same as os_block_size.

Zhu Chao.
www.cnoug.org.

Author: zhu chao
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com