RE: Cary's book

From: Govindan K <gkatteri_at_omanmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:24:25 -0800

>when I went to the admin who had the keys of the stationary and asked
her for a
>"rubber", instead of "eraser". In the English language they taught me
>at school, that little rubbery implement used to erase what someone
>has written down was known as "rubber". I was extremely annoyed by her
reaction

Here is a short list of confusions i have observed so far rubber --> eraser
cover --> envelope
2nd signal on the road --> 2nd light on the road Best (or worst?) dd/mm/yy --> mm/dd/yy
switch (off is down, on is up)
petrol pump --> gas station

I too have gone crazy on a number of occasions.

For an longer list, please mail me off the list.

Author: Mladen Gogala
INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com

.

Get Your 10MB account for FREE at http://mail.arabia.com ! Access MILLIONS of JOBS NOW!