RE: Cary's book

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:09:25 -0800

Probably time for this thread to go OT.

Thanks

Jared

DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 10/03/2003 01:44 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Cary's book

Mladen

   Well, from the manager's point of view it probably seems like "challenging your knowledge", but that isn't my usual reaction. Just ask my
boss.

   But my point is that when the secretary misunderstood you, your reaction
at the time probably wasn't sincere sympathy for her plight. With years of distance you are probably able to laugh at it.

   Well, being a manager means that you must often deal with issues you have
little experience in. We've probably all had managers that didn't understand
DBA work but could still work past that and make us productive. And then we've had klutzes that couldn't.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com