Re: Seems odd to me....(bug?)

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:39:35 -0800

scott> @connect system/manager

system> create table employee_role (a number);

Table created.

system> grant all on employee_role to scott;

Grant succeeded.

system> @connect scott/tiger
Connected.

scott> create synonym employee_role for system.employee_role;

Synonym created.

scott> select * from employee_role;

no rows selected

scott> @connect system/manager
Connected.

system> revoke all on employee_role from scott;

Revoke succeeded.

system> @connect scott/tiger
Connected.

scott> INSERT INTO EMPLOYEE_ROLE VALUES ('C', 'CSR',NULL); INSERT INTO EMPLOYEE_ROLE VALUES ('C', 'CSR',NULL)              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

scott>

Do a "select * from user_objects where object_name = 'EMPLOYEE_ROLE' " At 04:39 PM 10/2/2003, you wrote:
>Oracle EE 8.1.7.2
>HP-UX 11
>
>Can anyone explain this?
>
>1* INSERT INTO EMPLOYEE_ROLE VALUES ('C', 'CSR',NULL)
>
>SQL> /
>
>INSERT INTO EMPLOYEE_ROLE VALUES ('C', 'CSR',NULL)
>
> *
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>
>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>

> 1* select count(*) from user_tables where table_name='EMPLOYEE_ROLE'
>SQL> /
>
> COUNT(*)
>----------
> 1
>
>SQL> CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEE_ROLE AS SELECT * FROM USER_TABLES;
>
>CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEE_ROLE AS SELECT * FROM USER_TABLES
>
> *
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>
>ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
>

>Any ideas?
>

>--
>--
>Author: Chris Stephens