Re: AW: Experiences setting OPEN_CURSORS for Java applications

From: Craig Munday <cmunday_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:19:35 -0800

Hi,

I'm not sure about the Interceptor pattern.

Log4j is a great package and I make use of it within JDBC Expert. I started using the new logging API in JDK 1.4 but found most developers were using Log4j so I changed. Log4j seems like a much more mature package anyway.

I too think it would be a great tool to be used in the development cycle. Ideally I would like every developer to have it installed while they complete their development in the hope that a number of defects can be eliminated early.

In reality though, I find that senior developers and data administrators see the most benefits. Particularly database administrators, probably because they are the ones that are called upon to resolve the errors (such as ORA-1000) when they occur.

Let me know if you would like a copy, and I'll email it privately to you - its too big to send to the list.

Regards,
Craig Munday.

Author: Craig Munday
  INET: cmunday_at_bigpond.net.au