RE: COBOL TO ORACLE

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:29:32 -0800

Eeep! Reminds me of my CICS programming in school on a 4MB (MEGA bytes) IBM 4341 with the student partition on the lowest priority. For some reason, the operator got really mad at me when I forgot to put an unexecutable EXIT statement in my code...

Barring any OS stats, have you tried a 10046 trace on any of the slow processes to see where the holdup is? It's been about 15 years since my mainframe days in school, but I'd still question 2.4GB worth of SGA on a 2GB machine, and that's without server processes, OS, etc... What is "virtual" memory? DISK!

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com