RE: Estimating space needed for UNDO tablespaces

From: Thomas Jeff <jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:44:40 -0800

Thanks for the reply Dan.

Would you suggest setting UNDO_RETENTION to roughly the length of time of the longest
running job in the database? For example, in our DW, our BI analysts tell me that their
longest batch run is about 1 hr 45 minutes. My uneducated guess is to accordingly
set the parameter to approx 2 hours.

Author: Thomas Jeff
  INET: jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net