Re: asynch I/O

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:34:45 -0800

Hello Tim

I had a meeting yesterday about recovery time for a system and I also said to take snapshots few times a day. The reason is to have a short recovery time if you need to restore the database. Our tapes are going offsite as a backup against total site disaster, and yes, we also have offsite synchronous remote copy of the disks.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il