Re: RE: "SQL AREA" and "LIBARARY CACHE" size?

From: Prem Khanna J <jprem_at_kssnet.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:09:43 -0800

Hi Manoj,

this is the statistics i got from one of my instance.

	sql area		225 MB
	library cache	112 MB

I was also confused as u were [ i didn't notice this so far ]. but reading the replies of Tanel & Steve once again:

<tanel>

But what Steve meant (please correct me if I'm wrong), is that operations on sql areas are managed by library cache structures (library cache latch, KGL manager, lib cache hash table, etc), so sql area is dependent on library cache, despite the fact they both have memory allocated directly from shared pool.
</tanel>

from this (and as per the docs) i understand that sql area is a subset of library cache. perhaps,what "subset" means is:
 in terms of the control library cache has over sql area and not in terms of memory allocated. is my understanding correct, Tanel ?

<steve>

My best guess at the moment is that when new recreatable chunks are first unpinned, they go onto the transient list, and then when they have been reused, they go back onto the recurrent list.
</steve>

..and reading this post by Steve,i feel there is something more(a lot) that we need to know/understand to discuss about this.

Can Steve/Tanel/List explain me what is transient chunk & recurrent chunk ?

Regards,
Jp.

P.S.Thanx Naveen.

Author: Prem Khanna J