Cursed Oracle 9i installation on windoze

From: Stephane Paquette <stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:39:57 -0800

Hi,

I can't believe I'm loosing that much time installing Oracle 9i on my pc at home.
PC is AMD Athlon/windows 2000
I've downloaded Oracle 9i release 2 from technet.

When running setup.exe I have the following message The Java RunTime Environment was nout found at: C:\DOCUME~\ADMINI~\LOCALS~1\Temp\OraInstall....\jre\bin\jawaw.exe. Hence the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit ....

Then, I've removed all Oracle stuff (OWB, Oracle 8i,..) that I had following metalink note.
I've cleaned the path, the registry, the environment variables,... It still doesn't install, even if I run from ../install/win32/setup.exe

Any ideas ?

Stephane Paquette
Administrateur de bases de donnees
Database Administrator
Standard Life
www.standardlife.ca
Tel. (514) 499-7999 7470 and (514) 925-7187 stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca <mailto:stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>

Author: Stephane Paquette
  INET: stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:39:57 CDT