RE: two instances on same box (Suse Linux ES 8)

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:34:40 -0800

Hi Helmut,

when you do switch user

su - newuser

use the "-" it will run the .profile of that user, I assume your problem is because the env variables.

Otherwise (or) you can open a new telnet windows to startup the other database?

btw if you only have one owner (DBA group) then only few variables you need to change:

for example:

ORACLE_HOME=9.0.1

ORACLE_SID=__________     Sinardy

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 05:34:40 CDT