RE: 7.3.4 on hp-ux11 upgrade problem

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:24:26 -0800

Hmm.
Note 29732.1 on MetaLink does list seperate part numbers for Oracle7.3.4 on HPUX 10.20 and 11.x.
But does not make it clear that the two OS versions are not object-file compatible.
See Note 99206.1 for the different possible scenarios in upgrades on HP.

However, Jesse's advice is best. As your target machine is a seperate server, you really do not need to install 7.3.4 and copy the database across. Install 9.2.0.2 or higher [NOT 9.0.1] on the new server, create a 7.3.4 Export from the old server and import the database into the new server.

I suggest that you read the Oracle 9i Migration document in the Documentation CD of your 9i CD pack or at http://tahiti.oracle.com or http://otn.oracle.com

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com