RE: UNIX and Oracle

From: Rich Holland <holland_at_guidancetech.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:59:31 -0800

"Design and Implementation of the [UNIX || 4.x BSD] Operating System" by [Bach || McCusic et all]

Should both have excellent overviews of shared memory, semaphores, and why they're useful. If you want even more nitty gritty, pick up a decent book on pthreads programming and you'll also learn about things like mutex locks, etc.

--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Rich Holland INET: holland_at_guidancetech.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).