Re: How to keep "root" out?

From: Denny Koovakattu <groups_at_koovakattu.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:54:25 -0800

  Just a thought. Grant the SYSDBA and SYSOPER privileges to some user you have the password to. Then change the dba group in the file $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c (config.s in the case of Solaris) to some other group (maybe invalid group) and relink oracle. You could use the password protected user with SYSOPER and SYSDBA privilege to startup and shutdown the database. "connect internal" or any form of OS authentication should fail. I haven't tested this or used this. So try at your own risk. And I don't think Oracle support would like this. ;)

Regards,
Denny
--
Denny Koovakattu