RE: OT: Hey Jared!!

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:19:33 -0800

Rachel opined
> c'mon... any virus named "SoBig" has to have been written by a man :)
>
> (yes, sexist, I know)

I think the word you are looking for is "True" not "sexist".

Still on the plus side I now have 1 days overtime clocked up in 2 days elapsed time dealing with a .....ing worm that some .....ing user decided to introduce to our systems at 4:35 am on a Sunday morning. This time has been spent engineering a fix for client side operating systems - but hey I can't do my real DR work because the DR site and the prod site won't talk to each other because of the ....ing Worm. By March we will have ripped out all our non-ms stuff, Oh good.

For those who may be affected by nachi/blaster/sobig this is the field checklist

1, Remove from servers that escaped patching (easy) 2, Remove from client workstations ( a bugger if they are all laptops connected via dial-up once a month that user conveniently hasn't patched for 2 years)
3, Insert decommissioned kit into user who connected unauthorised pc to office LAN (this serves merely to boost morale by 'patching your organisations hole'

:(

Niall

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com