Re: 7.3.4 on hp-ux11 upgrade problem

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:49:40 -0800

There is a seperate 7.3.4 release for HPUX 11.0 as 10.20 and 11.0 are not binary compatible.
You must install the HPUX 11.0 release of 7.3.4 [if you don't have the CDs, call Oracle Support and explain how you need them to run the upgrade as your upgrade is covered by your Support contract].

Fortunately, the Oracle DataFiles [including ControlFiles and RedoLog files] are
compatible from HPUX 10.20 to HPUX 11.0 so you should be able to just copy the database across.

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale