RE: Tough Oracle DBA experience

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:54:38 -0800

Sigh .... that was just half the story ...

  1. I have to watch the game
  2. Make sure the bottomlines are fine (they are fed from our database)
  3. Make sure all paying customers get their updates about everything in sports.
  4. Keep myself awake through a massive dose of spotlight poisoning ...
  5. Make sure the database is in good health.

Of course for 2,3,5 we have automated scripts. Sometimes we put movies on the big screen and display the games in a small pip window.

Today actually I am catching up on my scripts that I am writing for our support department. One of them is a utility that prints all relevant information about a _suspected_ slow session.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com