Re: convert number to word ???

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:14:27 -0800

This trick is rather limited, as it runs out of steam at amounts somewhat greater than my salary.

Best go to asktom.oracle.com for this, I recall seeing a rather good one there that had much higher limits.

Jared

"Shannon St. Dennis" <SSTDENNI_at_regina.ca> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 08/22/2003 03:29 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: convert number to word ???

I got this off of metalink:

select to_char( to_date( &&1, 'J' ), 'jsp' ) from dual;

SQL> select to_char( to_date( 123,'J'), 'jsp') from dual; TO_CHAR(TO_DATE(123,'J')

one hundred twenty-three

SQL> select to_char( to_date( 123,'J'), 'Jsp') from dual; TO_CHAR(TO_DATE(123,'J')

One Hundred Twenty-Three

SQL> select to_char( to_date( 123,'J'), 'JSP') from dual; TO_CHAR(TO_DATE(123,'J')

ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-THREE   I suspect there is an upper limit imposed by some integer conversion or julian date thingy...

Shannon

Shannon St. Dennis
Database Administrator
City of Regina
(306) 777-7415 (phone)
(306) 777-6804 (fax)
sstdenni_at_cityregina.com

The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA

>>> andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com 08/22/03 03:19pm >>>
Hi,

Is there a function that can conver number to word? ef: 100 is ONE HUNDRED, 2003 is TWO THOUSAND AND THREE. Thank you in advanced!!!

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM). http://calendar.yahoo.com
Author: Andrea Oracle
  INET: andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com