Re: Collaboration Suite

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:39:33 -0800

Actually I'm a bit surprised, that OCS works that well for you. My impression about Oracle products is that Oracle Server is the only Oracle server-type product which may work out-of-the-box. I've worked with iAS since v.2 and yes, E-Business suite as well. The worst experiences are with IFS (v.1.1) that crashed so hard we had to hack our data out of it and switch back to regular fileserver which I now know should be used for serving files anyway. That's why I didn't even take a look on OCS when it came out - I remember the InterOffice disaster too well..

But if several people say, especially here, that it works for you, I think it's time to check it out. Wonder if it'll run in test env with 512MB of RAM using Linux?

Tanel.
Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee