Re: Nature of Oracle-l has changed

From: <Peter.McLarty_at_mincom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:14:28 -0800

Yes I would say that most of the topics have been more in line with operational issues.
I think RMAN has probably had a higher hit in the conversation counter and that i guess is due to more DBA's flirting with it in there environment, Roberts book probably helps.

Since I am fortunate enough to be working with in a development project I will have to see what I can do to stir up some conversations. Should have a major AQ design sub project coming up, so here's hoping

Maybe now that there is signs of life back in the US economy things might become a bit more active in the development world, unless America has shipped all development work offshore these days.

Its Friday arvo and almost beer o'clock so the brain is about to hit neutral.

Cheers

--

Peter McLarty               E-mail: Peter.Mclarty_at_mincom.com
Technical Consultant        WWW: http://www.mincom.com

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
22/08/2003 04:19 PM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Nature of Oracle-l has changed

Has anyone else noticed?

Not so long ago, we saw quite a few more questions about such things as data modeling, application security architecture, physical database design, and Oracle Designer

Not so much anymore.

Do you think it's because there are so few development projects taking place? Seems like in house development died with the dot bomb and has not begun to recover.

I know at my place of employment there is very little development, but that is due more to the size and nature of this place, as well as the management. ( they don't like in house development :( )

Now I spend my days with stuff like making NetBackup work with Oracle, migrating SAP all over the place and keeping things running.

Not that we haven't always done those things, but I miss some not having a good development project. Ah, to do some real data modeling again.

Just some food for thought.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

  INET: Peter.McLarty_at_mincom.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 22 2003 - 02:14:28 CDT