Re: SharePlex info

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:19:25 -0800

MessageOk, in this case Shareplex might be better, if it is able to extract only relevant data from logs. Actually, you could do somewhat similar yourself using logminer as well. You just extract all needed DML statements on either production or staging server, compress the output (because file with sql statements is going to be big but will compress well) and send over network, or go with Oracle Streams right away. There's going to be an issue with some special datatypes though IIRC.

I don't know the pricing of shareplex, maybe it'd be easier going with it..

Tanel.

  Tanel,
  That's nice trick, thanks a lot.
  In this case whole redo steam must be passed over the network anyway. 5 MB/sec over WAN. So we'are doing research if we could same some bandwidth.

  Vadim
Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee