Re: DB gets really slow

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:49:24 -0800

are you using bind variables? If your not you need to.

asktom.oracle.com

type in "bind variables" he will tell you why they are important. I dont know how to use them with PHP. Its probably not hard.

This sounds just like that. All bouncing the database does is flush the SGA(memory). An easy way to test this is when it runs slow do:

alter system flush shared_pool;

if oracle 'speeds up' after that then it probably means you are not using bind variables.

asktom has some more specific ways to test for this. You need to use bind variables.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net