Re: Text file from store procedure

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:49:30 -0800

If you are really brave, you can write stored procedures in the favorite language of Mr. Cary Milsap and the list owner, the only language that will take a syntax like this:

@list= reverse sort { -M $a <=> -M $b } @list;

The URL can be found at: http://www.smashing.org/extproc_perl

Not only it is possible to write to files, you can even format it into multi-line fields, you can have page headers, repeating after every $= lines. You can do marvelous things with strings and a whole lot of other things. Standard for accessing the database is described in the O'Reilly "cheetah" book named "Programming the Perl DBI" writen by Crocodile Descartes and Tim Bunce (ISBN:1-56592-699-4)

On 2003.08.20 22:04, Richard Ji wrote:
> You can also use Java Stored Procedures.

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net