Re: MAXTRANS ignored

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:21:51 -0800

Hi!

After recalling, reading my notes and books a little, I found that it was noted in Jonathan Lewis'es Optimising Oracle seminar materials. But yeah, I did not see it mentioned in any Oracle docs, but I think it's more like a documentation bug, not Oracle feature, the blocks sizes are generally quite large now anyway and additional 24 bytes per block isn't such overhead either to support more concurrency for many databases here built with default configuration.

Tanel.

> BINGO! I tried 3 tx and #3 waited on a tx to end.
> I just RTFMed and the doc (both r1 and r2) says it can be 1 to 255. If you
can recall where you read this, please let me know.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee