AW: BEA's WebLogic vs. Jdeveloper and iAS

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:49:27 -0800

Hi

I can't give you a clear answer on this one, but: Is it possible that BEA uses J2EE Connector Architecture to access People Soft ? I've seen this for SAP, it's kind of a standardized J2EE API which allows programmatic access to ERP (and the like) resources.
If that's the case, then you should be able to use whatever app server (BEA or iAS) you want, unless BEA has some integrated support to generate code stubs to access People Soft.

See also: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/connector/

Have fun,
Stefan

Stefan Jahnke
Consultant
BOV Aktiengesellschaft
Tel.: +49 201/45 13-289
mailto:stefan.jahnke_at_nospam.bov.de
http://www.bov.de
Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter: http://www.bov.de/enews

Kosten senken - strategische IT-Ziele erreichen! BOV Microsoft Day am 24.07.03 in Essen. Anmeldung unter http://www.bov.de/microsoft-day oder mailto:andrea.palluck_at_bov.de.

Wie Sie wissen, koennen ueber das Internet versandte E-Mails leicht unter fremden Namen erstellt oder manipuliert werden. Aus diesem Grunde bitten wir um Verstaendnis dafuer, dass wir zu Ihrem und unserem Schutz die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit der vorstehenden Erklaerungen und Aeusserungen ausschliessen.

As you are probably aware, e-mails sent via the Internet can easily be copied or manipulated by third parties. For this reason we would ask for your understanding that, for your own protection and ours, we must decline all legal responsibility for the validity of the statements and comments given above.

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU

Author: Stefan Jahnke
  INET: Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 18 2003 - 04:49:27 CDT