Object programming with Oracle 9i

From: <tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:39:22 -0800

hi object/relational developers

Please bear with me if I am not using the right terminology.

Am intending on using java to access to the underlying relational tables. Was thinking of exposing the database to java using Object views over the relational views. Trying to isolate the complexity of data access in the DB from the developers.

The questions I have are

  1. Updating DB using a java obj

I know it is possible to do the following:

	UPDATE Addr set street = JObj.street,
			city = JObj.city

But can you do something like
	UPDATE Addr set Addr value = JObj

2. Updating only dirty data

Given an object , is it possible to update the database with only dirty data without comparing every attribute/column and traversing thru the object?

Any comments or help is appreciated.

  INET: tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Aug 16 2003 - 11:39:22 CDT