Re: Question about cursors

From: Michael Boligan <michael.boligan.b_at_bayer.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:10:06 -0800

Since both tables can't be called A, I will use A and B:

You can do this without a cursor:

begin
insert into B select id from A where id > 10; end;
/

HTH,
Mike

                      roland.skoldblom@
                      ica.se                   To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      ml-errors_at_fatcity        Subject:  Question about cursors
                      .com

                      08/15/2003 07:39
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Hallo,

I would like to get a goood example on how to do this in a pl/sql block, maybe this is too simple but I cant get it work.

I would like to do a select from table A, like this

select id from A
where id > 10

This sql statement gives me about 10 rows. I want those rows(the id) to be inserted in a table called A.
I woul dlike to use variables to store al the id's that the sql gets me.

so the values to be inserted in the table should be for instance

11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

How can I do this, using a cutsor I guess. Please give me an example.

Thanks in advance

Roland

  INET: roland.skoldblom_at_ica.se