re corrupted online redo logs and archivelogs -- was RE: PTC

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:24:29 -0800

Oh yes, do please inform people of the need to keep multiple backup sets ! I did see that the online redo log file and the last two archive logs plus two datafiles in the last online backup set were bad -- this happened as the I/O controller had "errors" while the Hot Backup to disk was running. These files hadn't yet gone to the tape as all I/O to the disk was "suspended".

I had to recover the database till the last good archive log.

Hemant

At 06:59 AM 14-08-03 -0800, you wrote:
>Hemant
> Corrupted archivelogs. Interesting. Just yesterday I was trying to point
>out to someone on this list that having only weekly backups can leave you
>vulnerable to this sort of thing. Not that it is the end of the world, I've
>had production systems in that configuration, but the business users need to
>understand the vulnerability. I'm not sure if I was completely convincing.
>
>Dennis Williams
>DBA
>Lifetouch, Inc.
>dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com <mailto:dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com>

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg