RE: SQL*Loader - append to a table while checking column against another table

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:59:28 -0800

If you load your data into a table with an enable foreign key, it will be checked on the fly by SQL*Loader with the conventional path. In direct mode it disables constraints, and I am unsure whether it checks them when reenabling them (something which you can optionally get); any way it would let you with the manual check to do. If your CSV file is not in the million of rows or more range, I would go for SQL*Loader with the conventional path.

HTH SF

Author: Stephane Faroult
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com