RE: quick suggestions for tuning ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:29:23 -0800

Ermmm you can have the rest of the message if you wish which is to say that indexes on

Profile(sex,entpc,laccess) and profile(sex,entpc,faccess)

Would appear to be called for. Obviousdly you will wish to analyze the schema, and even more obviously you will do all this in test first.

If sex is a column that does not have many values (one would think no more than 8 or so) then you can make this a compressed index degree 1, if entpc also has very few values compressing it degree 2 might be helpful (though I'd be sceptical).

Niall

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com