Re: SharePlex Summary

From: Tracy Rahmlow <tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:09:24 -0800

 Frankly, that does not sound logical to me, but I would be extremely interested if there is any authenticity to the statement.

I would ask the individual who made the statement to provide the proof. I can't stop envisioning this on the next myth list.

       PST Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com

To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

First thanks to every one who responded both on the list and to my private email:

The consensus appeared to be:

1.  SharePlex is overly expensive for the functionality delivered and
2.  Oracle has caught up in 9i for much of the functionality
3.  Some features of Oracle like IOT's may present some problems.

We are on HPUX and 9i is 64 bit only on that platform.  I have been told that the 64bit code imposes a 20 - 25% performance penalty vs the 32 bit version of 8.1.7.  Can anyone address this from experience?

   Allan L. Nelson
   Oracle DBA
   M-I L.L.C.
   (832) 295-2238 office
   (832) 351-4180 fax
   anelson_at_midf.com <mailto:anelson_at_midf.com>

American Express made the following
 annotations on 08/12/2003 01:10:13 PM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

Author: Tracy Rahmlow
  INET: tracy.rahmlow_at_aexp.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 16:09:24 CDT