Re: quick suggestions for tuning ?

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:44:22 -0800

JP,

"Since i'm working with a japanese client,communication is a huge barrier and convincing them is a HERCULEAN task"

You poor guy. Try to bring some guy with you who can speak English and Japanese to resolve ths communication problem. in 1993 when I was working in Tokyo for 10 days in my ex-employer office and having problem with Harware, the Japanese Engineer was brining one Bangadeshi guy to communicate with me in English and it worked just fine.

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:39:23 -0800

Thanx a lot Tanel.

>select count(*) as cnt from profile where sex = ''j?«' and entpc
> = '192.168.15.1' and laccess between to_date('2003/08/08 00:00:
>00','yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') and to_date('2003/08/08 23:59:59','
>yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss')
>Do you have index on "laccess" column for example?

Though there is index on "laccess" , it is not yet analyzed. none of the tables/index are analyzed yet.

Sorry,i should have told this earlier.
Since i'm working with a japanese client,communication is a huge barrier and convincing them is a HERCULEAN task :((

Let me do that first and get back to u.

Thanks and Regards,
Jp.

Author: Prem Khanna J