RE: rman implementation

From: Sai Selvaganesan <ssaisundar_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:39:23 -0800

yes dennis.

this is what i am planning to do.

can you please mention the glitches and the parameters that have to be changed.

or some pointers from your implementaion which could be very useful.

thanks a lot
sai

DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_lifetouch.com> wrote: Sai
Are you planning to do a RMAN backup to disk and the disk is Netapp? We ran into a couple of hitches. If you are able to mount a tablespace on the Netapp device, you should be past the first thing we ran into. The other issue had to do with the fact that RMAN opens many connections to disk, so when we tried to recover the backup, RMAN would recover some files, then quit. Changing a Netapp configuration parameter fixed that problem.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services

Author: Sai Selvaganesan
  INET: ssaisundar_at_sbcglobal.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Aug 11 2003 - 18:39:23 CDT