Re: 9i - Dynamic SGA - SGA_MAX_SIZE

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 05:09:23 -0800

Hi!

I made a simple C program and tested shmget in linux using strace, the test didn't show any malloc() or brk() call, while when using malloc explicitly, brk() was called. This was on linux, I am too lazy to install a compiler on my test solaris machine, if anyone is interested, just run this with truss and check output.

#include <sys/ipc.h>
#include <sys/shm.h>
int i;
char c;
main() {
//c = malloc(555);
i = shmget(0, 1000, 511+IPC_CREAT+IPC_EXCL); }

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee