Re: TNS errors

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 23:39:29 -0800

Ken,

I don't see your connection string in here, but I'm going to guess that it does not include '@TNS_NAME', which is what you will have to do when connecting via a client such as citrix.

Remember, you're not really on the console, though it may look like it.

Don't know how many times I did this with Terminal Services on Win2k before it finally sunk in.

Jared

"Ken Hitchcox" <khitchc1_at_san.rr.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 08/08/2003 02:04 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        TNS errors

Hi everyone,

Been a very long time since I posted, but finally running into a problem. New system:

Win 2k Server, Citrix XPe, Powerbuilder 5.0 App, Oracle 8i. If I run the Powerbuilder executable on the server, it connects to Oracle just fine. When I try to connect using Citrix (from this machine or a different machine) on the same network, I get TNS-12560, When I look at the nmi.log,
I see:

Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=ORACLE)(ARGV0=ORACLEFIRST)(ARGS ='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PR OGRAM=c:\oracle\ora81\bin\dbsnmp.exe)(HOST=SUNRISE-SAMS)(USER=SYSTEM))))

VERSION INFORMATION:
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production Time: 07-AUG-2003 10:48:22
Tracing not turned on.
Tns error struct:
nr err code: 0
ns main err code: 12560
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
ns secondary err code: 0
nt main err code: 530
TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
nt secondary err code: 2
nt OS err code: 0

I'm STILL a newbie, you would think that after 5 years of managing my rinky
dink database, I'd know something, but...

Anyway, can anyone help me to resolve this problem? Yes, I will turn tracing on as soon as I figure out how to for DBSNMP.

Thanks,

Ken Hitchcox

PS Hi Rachael C still have DBA101 on my desk.

Author: Ken Hitchcox
  INET: khitchc1_at_san.rr.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Aug 09 2003 - 02:39:29 CDT