database hanging during mount

From: Frank Kessel <kesself_at_onid.orst.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:14:23 -0800

I am running Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 8. I recently decided that I needed more space on the disk partitions that hold my Oracle databases. The machine I am running on didn't have room for more disks so I decided to nfs mount partitions from another machine. I backed up the existing partitions resized the one partition that I have locally and nfs mounted the other 3 partitions and restored all the partitions.

The problem is when I try to STARTUP the database it hangs during the mount of the database. I am able to successfully STARTUP NOMOUNT. The instance starts then on the mount I receive the following in my trc file:

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2116], [900], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2116], [900], [], [], [], [], [], []

 From what I can determine this indicates that ORACLE is unable access the control file...permissions appear to be correct. Any suggestions on what I need to check? Any known problems with control files over a nfs mount?

Thank you
Frank

Author: Frank Kessel
  INET: kesself_at_onid.orst.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 17:14:23 CDT