RAC DBCA hangs while creating cluster database

From: Ranganath K <Ranganath_K01_at_infosys.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:24:24 -0800

Hi Listers,

            I am trying to set up a two-node RAC on Windows 2000 Advanced Server on Proliant DL 580 Servers. I am following the metalink document 178882.1 and Harrison B. Redhouse's document DIY Multi-Node RAC on a single Windows PC downloaded from www.oaktable.net. I am having two separate nodes and hence there was no need to use VMvare to simulate two nodes as mentioned in Harrison B. Redhouse's document. I ran through all the steps as mentioned in both the documents. But when I am using DBCA to install cluster database on the first node I am getting the following error when I click FINISH button:

            The filepath S:\Oradata\CLUST\CWMLITE01.DBF is invalid. Please check the permissions.

            I have stopped and restarted the GSD service.  I have also installed the Oracle 9.2.0.3 patch and created the listener successfully. I am trying to install the cluster database through the command
            Dbca -datafiledestination S:\oradata.

            I am able to see the shared disk from both the disk manager and Windows explorer.

            I am really stuck up with this problem.  Any pointers as to what am I missing would be highly appreciated.

            Looking forward to hear from any of you soon.

            Thanks and Regards,

            Ranganath

MailFiler <http://www.mailfiler.com> [RK-7ARFH54]

Author: Ranganath K
  INET: Ranganath_K01_at_infosys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 11:24:24 CDT