RE: Change based recovery

From: Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:09:36 -0800

Lisa,
The 3rd option (besides shuting down source database and using a controlfile trace) is to "alter database backup controlfile to 'filename'; ", use this file, then proceed with the recovery as Venu suggests. I've used this method on a hot backup to roll the database forward. Also, don't bother restoring the redo logs as you will be overwriting / recreating them with the "alter database open resetlogs". One more thing I noticed. Your until change number looks to me like an archive sequence number rather than the SCN it needs to be. Hope this helps.

Mike Hand

Author: Hand, Michael T
  INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 08 2003 - 11:09:36 CDT