Antw: Take an Oracle 8.1 export file back to an Oracle 7.1

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_tkserv-triaton.thyssenkrupp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:34:34 -0800

Hi David,

no, not possible to my knowledge. You have to use the 7.1 exp against the 8.1 server. That's what they all say. If anyone knows better, I would be glad to hear from him.

Greetings,
Guido

>>> david.bartolo_at_colostate-pueblo.edu 07.08.2003 19.14 Uhr >>>
Hi all

Is it possible to take an Oracle Version 8.1 database export file and load it into an Oracle Version 7.1 database? The export file of the 8.1 is on a different machine than the 7.1 database. If I can not is there some other method I can use to get the data from the 8.1 export file to the 7.1 database.

Thanks
David

Author: Guido Konsolke
  INET: Guido.Konsolke_at_tkserv-triaton.thyssenkrupp.com