RE: RMAN recovery

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:24:37 -0800

Anne

     What version of Oracle is this?
     Okay, you renamed a production database file 10 days ago. Since then,
has Oracle been able to use this file? Can you export the table that is stored on this file without error? Have you examined your RMAN backup log to ensure this file is specifically listed as being backed up? Is it possible that the error you are receiving has nothing to do with the production database, but is entirely due to your backup or test database? In other words, maybe the test system has a bad drive? Another possibility, awhile back on this list several people reported that they had datafiles with errors, but RMAN did not detect these errors when it was backing them up. That is why I suggest exporting the table.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 12:24:37 CDT