Oracle Security Best Practices

From: <SSILVA9_at_BKB.com.br>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:44:29 -0800

Can anybody help-me in finding a security approach to a Oracle database?

We are trying to set up a security policy for Oracle but we are having some problem in questions like:

  1. Automatic process: How to create a single login user that automates the migration of stored procedures
  2. How to store password-files safely in order to avoid users reading it (encryption may be)
  3. How to create production logins that are not the owner of the tables/procedures and without creating synonyms avoiding them to have to prefix the objects with the owner

Is there any documentation or site you can suggest me?

Thanks,

Sandro Augusto da Silva
Technology Services & Support
NLA Technology Services
Phone: +55 11 3398-8438
Fax: +55 11 3398-7522

Esta mensagem, incluindo seus anexos, pode conter informacao confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se voce recebeu este e-mail por engano, nao utilize, copie ou divulgue as informacoes nele contidas. E, por favor, avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo ao e-mail, e em seguida apague-o. Este e-mail possui conteudo informativo e nao transacional. Caso necessite de atendimento imediato, recomendamos utilizar um dos canais disponiveis: Internet Banking <http://www.bankboston.com.br> , BankBoston por telefone
<http://www.bankboston.com.br/bpt> ou agencia/representante de atendimento
de sua conveniencia. Agradecemos sua colaboracao. This message, including its attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you received this email by mistake, do not use, copy or disseminate any information herein contained. Please notify us immediately by replying to the sender and then delete it. This email is for information purposes only, not for transactions. In case you need immediate assistance, please use one of the following channels: Internet Banking
<http://www.bankboston.com.br> , BankBoston by phone
<http://www.bankboston.com.br/bpt> or branch/relationship manager at your
convenience. Thank you for your cooperation.

  INET: SSILVA9_at_BKB.com.br