RE: Change based recovery

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 04:40:30 -0800

Lisa,

Shut down your production database and FTP the control files over also. This will make your control files waaayyy ahead of your data files, thus forcing a recovery.

Right now, your database does not need recovery - everything is in synch. Your control files don't know anything about the archive logs because they are set back to last Friday - thus they cannot move beyond that.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 07:40:30 CDT