RE: RMAN Script Question

From: SARKAR, Samir <Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:39:30 -0800

David,

I notice that u r using the line

format 'data_full_%d_%U_%p_%c.bak' (database);

in ur backup script when u r actually performing a database backup including archived logs backup.

Try modifying the script as :

resync catalog;
run {
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
backup database plus archivelog delete input skip inaccessible
tag hot_db_bk_level0
filesperset 5
format 'data_full_%d_%U_%p_%c.bak';
backup tag='control_file_backup'
format 'control_%s_%t.ctl' (current controlfile) ; release channel t1;
}

Samir

Author: SARKAR, Samir
  INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com