Re: After Logon Trigger and Import

From: <Prasada.Gunda_at_hartfordlife.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:34:23 -0800

Thanks very much Arup for your suggestion.

Actually, Tables and indexes are already exist in the schema. I just have to copy the data from one environment to other environment. So I thought I will make the indexes unusable, load the data and rebuild the indexes with nologging, parallel and compute statistics.

Best Regards,
Prasad
860 843 8377

                      "Arup Nanda"
                      <orarup_at_hotmail.c        To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      om>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: After Logon Trigger and Import
                      ml-errors_at_fatcity
                      .com

                      08/05/2003 08:29
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Prasad,

You can use SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES=Y as an import parameter. But then again, why do that? Why not just impirt with INDEXES=N and then rebuild the indexes
in parallel and with NOLOGGING?

HTH. Arup Nanda
Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: orarup_at_hotmail.com