Re: URGENT: Trying to duplicate database from cold backup - auxi

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:19:24 -0800

Hi!

One of the fastest and most reliable ways to verify backups is to look into the safe (or drawer) and check whether the tapes are still there. It doesn't waste much IO bandwidth either, except a little in the path from your desk to the location of tapes. Only very little CPU processing is needed, especially when Async IO is available (= a junior DBA whom to send to check). You can verify virtually terabytes of any backups in less than a second using this proven method.

Ok, time to go to sleep now, it's 2:21 AM here... Tanel.

> You heard him.
>
> Top men.
>
> ;)
>

> Verifying backups is something we do in our spare time, one
> of those skunk works projects we don't tell our bosses about. ;)
>
> Jared
>

> DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
> Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
> 08/05/2003 03:29 PM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L