RE: Q. To RAC or go vertical

From: <tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:19:23 -0800

Stephen

I agree with your comments re scalability vs fault tolerance. Actually the configuration I am looking at is 16 CPUS. So it is either one domain (vertical) of 16 CPUS or 4 nodes of 4 CPUs each or
2 nodes of 8 CPUS each.

And on top of this I have to cater for a Standby environment as well. The standby will definitely not be a big box like an E12K but maybe (if talking SUN) say V880 or 4800 .

tony

  INET: tjambu_fatcity_at_yahoo.com.au