RE: URGENT: Trying to duplicate database from cold backup - auxi

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 07:19:29 -0800

I have done DR just fine using the same database name and creating (with links or otherwise) the same file system names. This was using a complete backup to restore a database to the same host with a different name and the bug alluded to using the "until....clause" I feel is the key. BTW, I just waited till afterhours brought the database down, copied the file and cloned the easy way.

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com <http://www.fatcity.com>

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net <http://www.orafaq.net>

Author: Freeman Robert - IL
  INET: FREEMANR_at_tusc.com

Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com <http://www.fatcity.com>

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 10:19:29 CDT