RE: Q. To RAC or go vertical

From: Odland, Brad <Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 05:54:24 -0800

RAC - Intel is not yet proven as far as I can tell. So be very cautious about choosing this path for such a large project.

I would probably stick with the big box and concentrate on as fast as IO as possible. No wait please do the RAC with Intel quads, figure out all the bugs and pitfalls and then let us know so we can avoid them... :)

(We are in the process now of getting a lab setup with RAC and Intel to do some testing.)

Brad O.

Author: Odland, Brad
  INET: Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com