Re: Redo Logs Problem

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:39:23 -0800

Not only that, but the query shown will show redo generation for the entire life of a session. So if a daemon has been logged in for a long time but generating redo slowly, it can still look like the top redo generator. To do this in a purely analytical way, a delta of two selects from v$sesstat needs to be done. This is pretty easy in perl on in a spreadsheet even.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).